Achievements & Issues
Keeping Local Government Transparent
- Sponsored and passed an ordinance making the budget process more transparent, opening up more parts of county finance to public oversight.
- Worked with county officials to stop a special interest tax loophole at the state-level that would have cost the county $10 million in lost revenue as Chair of the Intergovernmental Committee.
Promoting Opportunity and Access
- Sponsored and passed a law prohibiting predatory lendors, like payday loan companies, from clustering in specific areas and driving down property values.
- Sponsored and passed legislation strengthening LGBT anti-discrimination provisions applied to county parks and housing.
- Working with fellow Legislators to develop an actual Minority & Women’s Business Enterprise structure to ensure fairness in Jackson County.
- Supporting the ongoing efforts to bring commuter rail to Jackson County; voted to appropriate funds for rail planning and recreation trails.
Working for All of Jackson County
- Passed legislation that strengthens anti-discrimination measures in county government practices.
- Worked with fellow legislators and the County Executive to balance the county budget.
- Promoted anti-drug initiatives and transportation funding in our communities.
- Passed budget modifications that make the fiscal process more transparent.